The grim statistics behind Arizona immigration law
The following figures are perhaps the most succinct way to quickly understand what has been going on in Arizona for the past fifty years. The recent killing of a prominent Arizona rancher by people he befriended and tried to help–they then fled back across the border–was essentially the last straw for the ranchers trying to make a living near the Arizona southern border. Their trip to the state capitol a few weeks ago brought about the current action–which was only taken by the legislature after five formal requests/pleas for the Federal government simply to do its job and protect the border and the citizens who live close to that border.
We now have people demonstrating against a “new” law that says it is illegal to be illegal–which it always was–it just wasn’t enforced and look where that got us. People should go back and read Justice Ginsburg’s writings on illegal immigrant status. The Supreme Court was very, very clear on this issue–and that was a very liberal court to boot.
The following information is compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:
* 83 percent of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
* 86 percent of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
* 75 percent of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
* 24.9 percent of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals
* 40.1 percent of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals
* 48.2 percent of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals
* 29 percent (630,000) of convicted illegal alien felons fill Arizona and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
* 53 percent plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
* 50 percent plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens
* 71 percent plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes.”
* 47 percent of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47 percent, 92 percent are illegal aliens.
* 63 percent of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63 percent, 97 percent are illegal aliens
* 66 perent of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66 percent, 98 percent are illegal aliens.
* 380,000 plus “anchor babies” were born in the United States to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens.
* 97.2 percent of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers